Co-authors, brothers, and Savannah Taste Experience owners celebrate their 5-year business anniversary and a book deal with Arcadia Publishing in April
Sometimes, the stars align just right and April is such an occasion for brothers Stu and Donald Card. The Cards took a big risk five years ago, leaving big jobs in big cities to start one food tour route in Savannah. Now, Savannah Taste Experience has grown into a bustling business, with two 5-star reviewed routes running seven days a week, with up to seven tour slots on weekend days.
The icing on their anniver...
Unforgettable Bakery & Cafe is baking love by the pound. Established in 2009 by Belinda Baptiste, this little cafe offers some of the most delicious cakes in Savannah. If it's food for the soul that you desire, then this is the cafe for you. Miss Belinda goes well beyond the world of fresh cakes and desserts to also serve up a fresh, healthy and Caribbean inspired breakfast/lunch menus. To keep it fresh and unforgettable, the menu is small in number, but never small on flavor!
The island fusion and desserts will keep you coming back to this Southside gem, ...
For those that have been on our Famous & Secret East Side Tour, this is going to look mouthwateringly familiar. We started this tour a few years ago, and because of its off-the-beaten-path nature, it is becoming increasingly more popular, especially with folks that have been on our other tour (First Squares). This is our take on some of the beautiful and delicious food that you can expect when you take a Savannah Taste Food Tour. After all, we are professional :) Hope you enjoy the photos, and don't forget to tag yours with #SavannahTaste. We love sharing your creati...
Spring in Savannah might be the best time to be in The Hostess City. Saint Patrick's Day unofficially starts the celebration off with a bang, but the mild temperatures and blooming Azaleas set the stage for some of the best events of the year for tourists and locals alike. Whether you are seeking world class music, fireworks on the Savannah River, a race through Forsyth Park, or a simple stroll through the cobblestoned streets, Savannah has something for you to do that is just your speed. Here are a few of our favorite events happening this Spring:
Savannah Music ...
Well, after some serious researching (and eating!), Savannah Food: A Delicious History is finally available for pre-order on Amazon. Our Savannah food book will officially be released on April 10, 2017, which actually coincides with Savannah Taste Experience’s 5th year anniversary.
The Joy of Julia Child: 25 Quotes We Love
1. "I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate."
2. "...no one is born a great cook, one learns by doing."
3. "People who love to eat are always the best people."
4. "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon, or not at all."
5. "A party without cake is really just a meeting."
6. "It's so beautifully arranged on the plate - you know someone's fingers have been all over it."
7. "You don't have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces - just good food from ...
Culinary tourism is all about finding or experiencing a different point of view through great food and insightful stories, as presented through an experienced, local guide.
While Savannah is never in danger of being without our BBQ, biscuits or fried chicken, we also have a whole heap of innovative chefs that may dip their toes into food trends that pop up in 2017. We've rounded up five foodie trends that have caught our eye and we've got our fingers crossed that we'll get to try some of these in Savannah (here's looking at you, Savannah chefs!).
Our family traces its heritage to Scotland, so when the chef of a Michelin-starred restaurant in Edinburgh says he's looking forward to incorporating Nordic cooking ...
- December 31, 2016
- 2017 foodie trends, brighter day savannah, british pie society, british savannah, cha bella, charcoal cocktails, chef grown savannah, churchills savannah, florence savannah, Foodie Trends, ghost coast distillery, husk savannah, kava, kava savannah, natural foods savannah, savannah, savannah chefs, savannah culinary scene, savannah food, SCAD, Tacos, the grey savannah, the ordinary pub
You are cordially invited to help us celebrate Burns Night in Savannah! Burns Night is an annual Scottish tradition that celebrates Scotland's national poet, Robert Burns, by serving his favorite Scottish dishes, reciting his poetry and toasting his legacy with Scotch whisky--the "water of life." This event dates back to 1801 when the first Burns supper was held by his friends in memoriam on the fifth anniversary of his death. We're proud to recreate this tradition in The Hostess City with an all inclusive dining experience and hope that you will join in all of the ...
- December 20, 2016
- Burns Night, Burns Night Savannah, food blogger, haggis savannah, Robert Burns, savannah, savannah events, savannah food, Savannah Foodie Event, savannah things to do, Scottish Food, scottish savannah, smith brothers butcher shop, whisky savannah, Whisky Tasting
Although Savannah doesn’t necessarily bring to mind a winter wonderland, we still enjoy evening temperatures during the winter seasons that will make you want to snuggle up to your sweetie or catch up with family and friends in a cozy setting. For those occasions, we’ve rounded up seven of our favorite cozy spots, ranging from dive bar to fine dining. All are appropriate for just drinks, and all but Abe’s have great food as well. Have a jolly good time!
Many Savannahians were worried that this fine dining staple for the last 14 years wouldn...