Well, after some serious researching (and eating!), Savannah Food: A Delicious History is finally available for pre-order on Amazon. Our Savannah food book will officially be released on April 10, 2017, which actually coincides with Savannah Taste Experience’s 5th year anniversary.
The Joy of Julia Child: 25 Quotes We Love
1. "I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate."
2. "...no one is born a great cook, one learns by doing."
3. "People who love to eat are always the best people."
4. "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon, or not at all."
5. "A party without cake is really just a meeting."
6. "It's so beautifully arranged on the plate - you know someone's fingers have been all over it."
7. "You don't have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces - just good food from ...
Culinary tourism is all about finding or experiencing a different point of view through great food and insightful stories, as presented through an experienced, local guide.
While Savannah is never in danger of being without our BBQ, biscuits or fried chicken, we also have a whole heap of innovative chefs that may dip their toes into food trends that pop up in 2017. We've rounded up five foodie trends that have caught our eye and we've got our fingers crossed that we'll get to try some of these in Savannah (here's looking at you, Savannah chefs!).
Our family traces its heritage to Scotland, so when the chef of a Michelin-starred restaurant in Edinburgh says he's looking forward to incorporating Nordic cooking ...
- December 31, 2016
- 2017 foodie trends, brighter day savannah, british pie society, british savannah, cha bella, charcoal cocktails, chef grown savannah, churchills savannah, florence savannah, Foodie Trends, ghost coast distillery, husk savannah, kava, kava savannah, natural foods savannah, savannah, savannah chefs, savannah culinary scene, savannah food, SCAD, Tacos, the grey savannah, the ordinary pub
You are cordially invited to help us celebrate Burns Night in Savannah! Burns Night is an annual Scottish tradition that celebrates Scotland's national poet, Robert Burns, by serving his favorite Scottish dishes, reciting his poetry and toasting his legacy with Scotch whisky--the "water of life." This event dates back to 1801 when the first Burns supper was held by his friends in memoriam on the fifth anniversary of his death. We're proud to recreate this tradition in The Hostess City with an all inclusive dining experience and hope that you will join in all of the ...
- December 20, 2016
- Burns Night, Burns Night Savannah, food blogger, haggis savannah, Robert Burns, savannah, savannah events, savannah food, Savannah Foodie Event, savannah things to do, Scottish Food, scottish savannah, smith brothers butcher shop, whisky savannah, Whisky Tasting
Although Savannah doesn’t necessarily bring to mind a winter wonderland, we still enjoy evening temperatures during the winter seasons that will make you want to snuggle up to your sweetie or catch up with family and friends in a cozy setting. For those occasions, we’ve rounded up seven of our favorite cozy spots, ranging from dive bar to fine dining. All are appropriate for just drinks, and all but Abe’s have great food as well. Have a jolly good time!
Many Savannahians were worried that this fine dining staple for the last 14 years wouldn...
The holiday gift-giving season is officially under way, and who wouldn’t want have a piece of Savannah under the tree?! The Hostess City is loaded with quality boutiques, local artists and incredibly talented makers, but here at Savannah Taste headquarters we’re all about the food. If you are in the area for the holiday season, there are plenty of foodie options like savory pies from Pie Society, locally sourced meats and goodies at Smith Brothers Butcher Shop, or a box (or two!) of Savannah’s best cupcakes from Mabel’s Cupcake Emporium. For those that won’t ...
The No. 1 food tour in Savannah guides Bri Emery, L.A. lifestyle blogger, around to some of Savannah’s best eats during a video shoot for HGTV for their Dream Home 2017 Video Series
SAVANNAH, October 26 —HGTV and lifestyle blogger Bri Emery handpicked brothers Stu and Donald Card to serve as hosts for their “Eat Your Way Through Savannah” video, part of their HGTV Dream Home 2017 video series. Since the HGTV 2017 Dream Home is located in St. Simons, the new residents will have an easy day trip to Savannah and all its culinary delights. Bri explains, ...
- October 27, 2016
- blueberry sausage, bri emery, designlovefest, hgtv, hgtv dream home, hgtv video, liege waffles, pulled pork, savannah bbq, savannah eats, savannah restaurants, she crab soup, smith brothers butcher shop, walls bbq
Savannah is a popular destination year-round in part thanks to our mild fall and winter temperatures in Savannah averaging highs of 78 to 60 degrees between October and January with lows around 56 to 40 degrees. So, you'll find plenty of outdoor festivals and events to enjoy as you escape the winter (or winter is coming) blues. We've rounded up our favorites that feature great food along with entertainment, cultural, or shopping slants that are sure to leave you satisfied.
Great Ogeechee Seafood Festival, October 14-16
With over 30 vendors--many being ...
- September 30, 2016
- savannah events, savannah fall getaway, savannah family-friendly, savannah festivals, savannah food and wine festival, savannah food events, savannah food festivals, savannah holiday tour of homes, savannah holidays, savannah new years, savannah seafood, savannah seafood festival, savannah vacation, savannah winter getaway
After a strenuous day sampling craft beers from 80+ breweries— including our local breweries Southbound Brewing, Service Brewing, Coastal Empire Beer Co., and Moon River Brewing—food (and plenty of water!) will likely be on your mind post-festival. To help, here are four restaurants known for their hearty portions that can soak up those suds and laid-back vibes so you can feel comfortable getting your grub on (even if you're a little tipsy). Plus, if you take the free ferry across the river to and from downtown, these spots are all just a few blocks ...
- September 1, 2016
- b&d burgers, big meal, dubs pub, recovery dinner, recovery meal, savannah beer festival, savannah burgers, savannah craft beer week, savannah craft brew fest, Savannah daydrinking, savannah dinner, savannah mexican food, savannah restaurants, tequilas town, tondees tavern