Southern Fried Expectations Passport
Fried comfort food, barbecue & sweet tea is not just a cliche of southern food, it is a real and big part of the cuisine in the South. This abbreviated food tour explores a handful of stops to load you up with some of our favorite regional tastes that make cuisine from “The South” so revered worldwide.
What Do We Mean By "Culinary Identity"
We believe that most cities have their own distinct flavor profile, cooking style, prominent ingredients, techniques, and even dining etiquette that help place the food on the culinary map of the world. What’s Savannah’s culinary identity? Well, perhaps it is difficult to define it in words . . . let’s let our tastebuds do the work!
222 Drayton St.
South’n Biscuits & Chicken
10 W Broughton St.
The Cotton Exchange
201 E. River St.
Savannah’s Candy Kitchen
Handmade Gourmet Candy
225 E. River St.
Good for in-store or on-line purchases purchases. To buy on-line visit: www.SavannahCandy.com Use Promo code: taste20
Tour Route Map
Other Recommended Resturants
- Olde Pink House – Fine Southern/Lowcountry
- Elizabeth’s on 37th – Formal American Cuisine
- B.Matthews – American/Southern & Brunch
- Mrs. Wilke’s Dining Room – Family Style Soul
- Cotton & Rye – Locally Sourced Southern
- Crystal Beer Parlor – Prohibition Era Restaurant
- Green Truck Pub – American/Burgers
- Local 11 Ten – Fine American Cuisine
- Chive Seafood Lounge – Seafood/Asian Flare
- Savannah Seafood Shack – Fried Seafood
- 17Hundred90 Inn – Fine American Cuisine
- Husk – World-Renowned Southern Fare
Share your pictures and stories of your awesome day with us and get the scoop on all the great food in Savannah!
Like the stops on this tour, our small business relies heavily on word of mouth . . . please review us!